Friday, April 30, 2010

Edits Arrived





Wow, I am so excited. I received my first edits on Bound for Texas yesterday right before I went bowling. So, when I finally got home, I put my you-know-what in the chair and began working my way through the pages.

Tonight, I finished the first go around and emailed them back to the editor. Now we will wait and see. But I wanted everyone to know that the release date is closer than ever. We just have to have patient.

Ahhhh, it's so hard to wait for after rereading the chapters, I love the story more than ever. The characters are anxious to be read and understood as to why they do the things they do.


James Anderson: I hope that I can find my family who went to California without me. Are they searching or have they given up?


Micah Anderson: I'm tried of farming. There has got to be something for me besides tilling ground. What does my future hold?


Standing Tall: My brother, Micah, is always looking for something different. But no matter where he goes, I will be beside him. Maybe I can keep him out of trouble.


Caroline Anderson: Will my family ever be together? Why is John so unhappy?


John Anderson: If we stay on the land, it will be ours. But no one is interested.


Jim Castor: I never was a farmer and never will be. Plenty Hoops Woman and I plan to move on. Will any of our friends go with us?


Patrick O'Brien: The land is too dry and the rains do not come. What will become of my family this winter? How will I be able to feed and protect them?


The characters are asking questions...ones that will only be answered in Bound for Texas. So stay tuned, same time, same blog. While you are waiting, grab a good book, settle back, and enjoy a story.






















No comments: