They say the rules of this meme are simple, but I'm not sure who is interested in these things I’m supposed to blog. Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
SIX UNIMPORTANT THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. In the summer time when I was ten, I use to make hollyhock dolls and give them to all the little kids who lived near me. They would come for craft hour and I served everyone Kool Aid.
2. As a pistol and rifle instructor for the NRA, I use to shoot against the father’s of my scout troop. They were happy to have the leader participate until I out shot them. Funny, they never asked me back after the second time.
3. My father wanted to name me Petranella Adaleen, but my mother decided Gwyn was a better name. Of course with a maiden name of Koetterheinrich, that would have been some moniker. Thank you mom.
4. Volksmarching has been a walking rage in Europe and in America. I attended one 6-mile walk at Fort Leonardwood, MO. Oh, heart be still. Nothing but hills. I couldn't believe my eyes. What had I gotten myself into. Even the soldiers who were on a march walked faster than I did and they were carrying a 25lb or more backpack. Breathe, breathe.
5. After talking piano lessons for four years, my teacher wanted me to record a piece. Being nine, I was so excited that I practiced every night for weeks in order to get it right. The day I sat in the booth, knowing I was being recorded, I messed up so bad, he opened the door and told me the session was over with, go home. He crushed my heart and my desire to be a pianist.
6. I never liked or understood football. But living on a street with ten boys and one other girl, you take what you can get. The idea of their football game was pass the ball to Gwyn and chase her. I begin to understand what was going on the second time around so I headed home with the ball, as fast as my little legs could carry me. It took two weeks before I gave up the ball.
And for this trip back in history, I must link back to Karen Lingefelt; and I’ll tag Sandra Coburn, Sarah Makela, Kristen Painter, Kathleen Pynn, Joann Rock, and Kimberly Llwellyn. Enjoy!
My Mother Seeks the American Dream
2 weeks ago