Monday, December 15, 2008

What an Exciting Week!

First of all, I want to thank my very dear and long-time friends, Betty and Bob Cook for the use of their home during my September stay in St. Louis. I erroneously excluded them from my earlier blog. Nothing says it better than when a friend hands you the key to their house. They are gracious hosts and I thank them deeply for their kindness.

This week was full of action. I held a presentation on Journey to Tracer’s Point at the Elsie Quirk Library in Englewood, FL It was a small gathering of interested people. Marilyn Russell won the drawing and a copy of my book. She was thrilled with the win.

On Saturday, I attended the annual Tampa Area Romance Author’s Christmas Party at The St. Petersburg Yacht Club in Florida. The hallways were filled with beautifully decorated trees, one right after the other. The stairways were elegantly draped in chiffon and white lights. Everyone had a grand time and the food was delicious. My favorite was the Crème Brulee. Yum!

A Chinese exchange of gifts highlighted the day. What a hilarious time as grown women reduced themselves to children over teddy bears, wine, and a box full of Disney ornaments, not to mention boxes of delicious chocolate. Everyone quickly kidnapped the beautiful homemade ornament by Lori Foley and Debbie Mainger's cuddly blue bear. Laughter filled the room that over looked the Marina. ’Tis the season to be jolly and we proved that right.

My friend, Virginia Czaja and I drove the two-hour trip back home to change our clothes and head out for a family Christmas Party that night at Katherine Czaja’s house. Her table was a display of delicious finger foods, the trees were beautifully decorated with lights and ornaments, and conversation filled the air with excitement.

Now I’m gearing up to face the world . . . one week before Christmas. I need to venture out to finish my holiday shopping, attend a college graduation, and prepare for a book signing bazaar. Until we meet again, let’s have a fantastic Holiday. Everyone grab your list, visit a bookstore, and pick up a book full of exciting adventure as a gift for that special someone.

Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

Hi Gwyn,
I'm no way near for Christmas myself, but I did bring up our small fiber optic tree from the basement (all we can use with our Rascal dog around)

I sent out postcards this year, which saved on time and postage. I have lots of junk to clean up in the house before people can step foot inside. I blame it on being a writer. (G)
Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com