Monday, September 14, 2009

Cryptograms, Puzzles

OPN USTO DQNKHSBT IHRO ZN KLV SRRNQ SOPNQT HT SBQ DQNTNVKN. ZPNV
UHVJRBEVNTT NUMQLKNT OPSTN ZN ESAN, OPNX ZHEE MESSU EHFN RESZNQT.
OPHKP VPLO PLVPFrom http://www.geocities.com/cryptogramcorner/ (U = M)

I love doing cryptograms. After a good swim, I sit on the lanai to relax and read the newspaper. The funnies are grabbed first for I can't miss one reading of Pickles. That cartoonist is right-on. Then my next challenge is the cryptograms.

Most of the times I can whip right through them and solve it right away, but this morning it was a real struggle, so much so that I couldn't finish it. Now I'm one for a good challenge. I love Sudoku but hate it when I can't finish a cryptogram. AUGH ! !

How do you readers feel about an unfinished puzzle? Do you anguish over it for hours or put it aside until the next day's paper arrives with the answer? What is your favorite: Word Search, Logic Problem, Kriss Kross, Word Math, Crossword Puzzles. Drop me a comment. Love to hear from you.

No comments: