Friday, December 25, 2009

Great Day in the Mornin' !

Ah, a good old Irish statement. It can be used many ways. I'm using it to shout to the world. Great Day in the Mornin', Hallelujah! Yes, this is a special day for me. I took my last radiation treatment (33 in all) and now all I have to concentrate on is a week of freedom. Cancer seems to follow me from decade to decade. But I'm still kicking fanny and plan to do so for a very long time. So. . . .Yahoo. . . .Whoopee . . . .Yaba Daba Do . . . . And all of those loud, glorious shouts that can be heard around the world.


I've had a wonderful experience this past week. Not only did I participate in a Holiday Book Festival at the Cultural Center in Port Charlotte, FL, but I held a book signing at the Gifted Gator Gallery in Punta Gorda, FL. Lovely people and a fantastic gift shop. All the items are made and put on consignment by very talented people. Some of the crafts simply amaze me. So if you live near this beautiful shop on Shreve Street or just pass by, at least stop to visit.


As you can see by my attire, I was ready for Christmas and enjoyed greeting people with, MERRY CHRISTMAS. Yes, the newspaper boy hat is red sequinted and the apron was bright and cheery. Actually I felt like Mrs. Claus. Well, almost.


Another accomplishment. . .I finished the third book in the Journey series and now to run it past my editing friends and hone up the changes. The manuscript will be submitted to the publisher during the second week of January. Then it will be in her hands to start the publishing process. The working title is Bound for Texas. All of my readers are in for a big surprise with the storyline. It's good. . .It's daring. . .It's adventurous. What else can I say.


MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Prosperous New Year to all of my friends, readers, and family.

6 comments:

Julia Barrett said...

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Wonderful about the last of the radiation treatments! I wish you well. julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwen, Yahoo, I join you in celebrating the end of the radiation treatments. May you be well and rambunctious for many decades to come. Gotta read that next book. Love ya!

Joyce4Books said...

Hello Gwyn -- Congratulations with your latest accomplishments. So glad the radiation battle has been fought, and also that your next book is finalized and looking good! I hope to read it soon.
Best wishes and peaceful good thoughts your way -- Joyce

Gwyn Ramsey said...

Julia,

Thanks for stopping by. We had a terrific Christmas and I'm a happy camper. Yahoo. . . .

Gwyn Ramsey said...

Velda,

It's always so nice to have you drop in. Yes, treatments are over with and now to get my life back in order. You'll love the next book.

Gwyn Ramsey said...

Joyce,

I'm looking forward to a new year, a new beginning, and possibly a new me. Well, I have lots to work on on 2010. HAPPY NEW YEAR.