Saturday, July 07, 2007

Summer Time Is Here

Here it is July 2007 and another year has come and gone. Busy, busy. That’s the name of the game here in Florida. . . writing and pushing to get my three books published. Of course, without being classified as total romance, it is difficult to get my foot in the door. But never say never for I am persevering and sending out those manuscripts. Hopefully, in the near future, you will be able to read the first chapter my of historical-frontier novel.

My first book, JOURNEY TO TRACER’S POINT, was quite an endeavor and involved three years of research from Virginia to California and everything in-between. History has always fascinated me, but to write it was another whole challenge for me. I studied trails, states in the 1849 era, rivers, flora, cities, etc. The list goes on and on. But the most interesting part is how people talked back then, how they felt about the work they did, and the families they had.

We have lost some of that pioneering spirit, but can regain the feeling through reading. So grab a book, settle into a nice easy chair and turn that first page. Adventure waits for you.

No comments: